Friday, May 20, 2011

Reception tomorrow!


Tomorrow, from 4-7 pm is the opening reception for my solo show, Abstract in Nature at Redbrick Gallery in Martinsburg. I'm excited and all ready to go! Except I still don't know what to wear- this is always a major challenge for me every time. Heels or flats? (I really really prefer flats for comfort.) Dress or skirt? Maybe pants? What about a nice pair of jeans? I never know. I'm just getting myself too worked up about it. Eh. Anyway, wish me luck (on the show and the picking out of outfit, I'm going to need it)!

5 comments:

  1. Ah...that old chestnut. Here is my solution. Find a friend who loves clothes. Have them go with you to TJ Max or some place like that. Pick out 3-5 fantastic outfits. Borrow some handbags. And get a basic/ sexy/ comfortable pair of heels that will go with everything. That way you are set for all your events. Then just rotate. While you are trying on the clothes, discuss the events. Voila'. You now have your own personal stylist and no issues about what to wear. :) have fun!

    ReplyDelete
  2. i'm excited to go too! and very proud!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Good luck! Although I doubt that you need luck - I'm sure it'll be great! And I'm not exactly the right person to give style advice, but personally I'd go for flats and a dress, I find dresses the most comfortaable and they look dressy but not too dressy if you wear flats. But then again I've never had my own solo exhibition so what do I know about what to wear for such an occasion?! Wear something that makes you feel fabulous - that would be my advice! Hope you enjoy it tomorrow ~ Sara

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks for all the great advice! I went with a dress and flats - felt very comfortable all night :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Good to hear - hope you had a great time! ~ Sara

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...