Monday, July 6, 2009

Emerging Artists Reception

Prickett's Creek - February 7th , oil on canvas. 16x14"

Last Thursday night, I was fortunate enough to have been awarded Best of Show at the Emerging Artists of West Virginia exhibit for Prickett's Creek - February 7th. I am completely thrilled - it's a purchase award, so the winning piece has become part of the West Virginia State Museum's collection. I'm still in a slight state of disbelief! So one more big Thank you! to juror Allison Smith and everyone at the Cultural Center.
The reception was really nice, I enjoyed the slide jam - all the artists did a fantastic job presenting. I admire their public speaking skills, I wish I had them! Congratulations again to all the selected artists and prize winners, especially second place winner Derek Overfield (http://www.derekoverfield.com/)!
Also, Saturday July 11th is definitely the date for my reception at Gallery 62 West - from 6-9 pm!

3 comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...