Monday, February 8, 2010

Goal Keeping

The image above is a sample of my new, really basic way to keep track of my progress in creating enough work. It's very simple, but I'm willing to try it out. It's like having a to-do list (which I love!) for painting. Same principle applies here, each "painting" icon is categorized according to size, and when I complete one, I scratch through the size painting I created that day. It's a small bit of satisfaction that also helps me visualize where I'm at and how far I have to go the rest of the year. I also will total how many paintings I created per month. So month to month, I will refer back to the list in the studio and check in on my production.


I don't want to give the impression that I really don't like painting and see it as only one more thing to check off of a chore list - that's not true. But if I painted only when I felt like it, or on a whim, I would get very little done. I'm hoping this "list" helps keep me tuned in to the big picture. Nothing is more important than staying on the ball and creating lots of work.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...