Monday, August 31, 2009

New Painting


My very newest painting, August 27th, (18 x14") was completed on a cloudy afternoon at Prickett's Creek. It was a great day. While out working, I was very happy to run into my old painting professor at Fairmont State - unexpected, but really made my day. Plus, of my more recent works, that day's painting is my favorite. The last few works I decided not to post here or on my website because, after I stared at them for several days, the conclusion was (I'll be honest) - they stunk. They weren't by any means the worst pieces ever, but nothing to write home about. Something about the palette was just not working, among other things. So I am moving on and hoping for good weather in September! Fall is my absolute favorite season and I am very excited that it's just around the corner. The light is changing and you can feel it approaching - love it!


No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...